Introduction to HRM and Specific Aspects of SMEs
The aims of the section are to:
- Introduce HRM: main approaches, processes, current issues etc. (framework/overview).
- Explain trends in globalisation, digitalisation and demographic developments.
- Present specific aspects of SMEs compared with large companies (qualitative aspects).
- Emphasise the special contexts of HRM in the five SHARPEN project regions and the special situation of regional SMEs.
- Explain particular aspects of HRM and performance in SMEs.
- Provide quantitative data on HRM for SMEs (specifics from SHARPEN research).
- Introduce a SHARPEN research case study about on-boarding processes for a student activity.
Learning text in PDF format